Friday, February 11, 2011

Yummy Healthy Berry Muffins!

I am in LOVE with Bethenny Frankel's book "Skinnygirl Dish." I highly recommend buying it for anyone who enjoys eating healthy, natural foods. There are so many healthy, delicious versions of some of my favorite, typically unhealthy, food. I made one of them yesterday and found it so delicious I have to share!


Recipe (adapted from Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl Dish):

INGREDIENTS:

 1 ¼ cups Whole Wheat Flour
 ¾ cup raw sugar
 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
 ¼ teaspoon salt
 ½ cup soy milk
 2 tablespoons olive oil
 ¾ teaspoon real vanilla extract
 ¾ cup fresh blueberries

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients except for the berries in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the berries.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, drop the batter into the muffin liners. Bake for 20 minutes. When done, let stand for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment